12.04.2008

book find: Stylist the Interpreters of Fashion


I've owned this book for a little over a year now, and I'm still constantly flipping through it's pages at night for inspiration. It's by far the greatest book I've ever received as a gift. Through it's pages you will find 16 of the most original and influential top stylists of today, Polly Mellen, Camilla Nickerson, Carine Roitfeld, Grace Coddington, Karl Templer, Alex White, Melanie Ward, Joe Zee, Brana Wolf, Andrea Lieberman, Pau Cavaco, Venetia Scott, Tonne Goodman, Lori Goldstein, Edward Enninful, and Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele. Each chapter holds the stylists' most relevant collaborations with photographers, models, and fashion glossies around the globe. The interviews are absolutely riveting!

"I am not a good professional of fashion. I am not an expert about how clothes are constructed or the history of fashion. I never start with fashion. I always think of the girl and her personality-because all that matters to me when you look at a page is , 'Do you want to be that girl?'"
-Carine Roitfeld




2000 Louis Vuitton Ad
styled by Brana Wolf

No comments: